Monday, November 2, 2015

Unexpected Delights!

This is my first blog post ever!

We left Maine this morning and headed south into Massachusetts.  (Can I just mention here that for our entire Canada and Maine tour we NEVER saw a moose?  I think they may be the stuff of legends, like Sasquatch.  Or aliens.   I have been stalking moose for over 20 years, and I have yet to see one...) Of note, however, we did pass a nudist park (kinda cold for that) and a cranberry bog!  I was really excited about the cranberry bog, and I'm hoping to backtrack a little bit to get a closer look.

We headed on towards Cape Cod, and we took a fantastic (and unexpected!) detour through Plymouth, MA!  What a great time of year to visit the landing site of the pilgrims!  We saw (from afar) the Mayflower II, and we got up close to the actual Plymouth Rock.  It was so cool!  I remember learning about Plymouth Rock in first grade, and I never thought I'd actually get to see it up close.  We couldn't touch it, but I wanted to.



We also stopped at a very pretty beach and saw some seals.  I will never get tired of seeing seals.  They seem to really enjoy life, even in the cold water.





This afternoon we arrived at our next boondocker destination here in Cape Cod.  The hosts here are wonderful, and we are looking forward to spending more time with them over the next few days.  They live in an "earth home,"  which means that it's mostly underground, but with lots of windows and skylights.  It's really lovely.




4 comments:

  1. I should have thought to mention the northern lights were out last night. You might be lucky and see some tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder to watch for them. Just checked outside now but no luck. The stars are good, the sky is fairly dark here.

      Delete
  2. You went south to MA and I was northbound up from NYC through MA. Never saw your rig, but we must have been pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we went under the big dig down through I93. Traffic in the middle of the day was no problem, we hardly stopped. We must have crossed somewhere. Hope you had a good trip. Your Rialta boondockers also stayed in Lebanon ME before we did; that's 3 places we have stayed in common (so far).

      Delete

What do you think, where should we go next?